Even though every event seems to have some measure of humor in it (at least I’d like to think so), sometimes it is just plain hard to find. How do you go about rewording something to bring humor into it?
- Talk to an impartial person. By telling your situation to another person, you can receive another angle. You might even find some humor in it. Just be certain this person has a good sense of humor. 🙂
- Write down just the facts. Don’t let any emotions come into play. This will help lay the groundwork.
- Come back later to the facts. By doing this, you may gain needed insight.
- Take a break from seriousness. Read something funny, watch a comedy (sometimes just life), etc. This may put a new spin on things.
- If all else fails, set your project aside for a few days. Forget about it. Then, go back at it.
This is all easy for me to say now. I have been working on my book project and some of the events just do not have any humor in them. For instance, what can possibly be funny (or humorous) about fracturing your neck? Hmm…
Sometimes all the Three Stooges shorts in the world won’t help. Nyuk, nyuk.