Posted on August 19, 2008 by booktoots
Here is an inspirational piece about writing done during an interview with the successful blogger, Liz Strauss. She has developed a strong following through her blog known as the Successful Blog. It’s address is: http://www.successful-blog.com .
I came upon this through my subscription to The “Write to Done” newsletter. It is a newsletter about writing and is an off-shoot of the Zen habits blog. For more information, you can visit …..http://writetodone.com . Or, visit Zen habits.
| When asked for the reasons Liz wrote, she gave the following feedback:
- I write because I can take ideas from my head and put them where I can see them.
- I write because I hear the music of language playing and because I love to paint pictures with words.
- I write because the universe can be expressed with breathtaking elegance and grace.
- I write because some thoughts deserve precision in how they are expressed.
- I write because I am a writer. It’s what I know.
- Writing lets me reach out to people who aren’t here with me.
On how to cultivate ‘voice’, Liz shared this tidbit:
Let me know your humanity. Show your sense of humor.
Inspire me, respect me, make me think, and make me wonder.
Don’t just be conversational, be the voice of a lifelong friend
Filed under: writing tips | Tagged: blogger, Booktoots, interview, Liz Strauss, Successful Blog, why write? blog, write, write to done, writing, writing inspiration, Zen Habits |